Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SEEDLINGS WEEK 1 & PASTA GALORE

Seedlings Progress Week 1

Slowly but steadily seeds pierce the soil...



First the Asian Mixed Greens arrived with gusto,
then the Tomatoes started to arrive,
and it looks like some Sugar Snap Peas are starting to escape their pods!

I'm a happy seedling parent for now,
although I was worried I had over-watered them because a few days ago
I found mold spores or something growing at the base of the tomatoes.
So I'm not going to give them any water for a few days and hope things will work out.


SO....
That's all on the seedling front for now.
I thought I'd take a moment to praise the wonderful pasta dishes I've been enjoying recently.
For some reason I've been craving pasta dishes.
It takes me back to the time we had an Italian family staying in our house
during the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, GA.
They made pasta for almost every meal,
and every meal was different and delicious and fairly healthy as well ;)

Last night the Fuzband made a pasta dish with:

Whole Wheat Spaghetti
Kielbasa
Onions & Garlic
Bell Peppers
Tomato

My favorite pasta, which I will admit to having for a few meals (in a row):

Whole Wheat Angel Spaghetti
Ground Turkey
Kale
Tomato
Black Olives
Garlic
Feta Cheese

We also tried out an Asian pasta that went a little like this:
(boy, now I wish I had taken pictures of these pretty pastas)

Whole Wheat Angel Hair
Chicken cooked in Hawaiian Teriyaki sauce
Garlic & Onion
Kale
Bell Pepper

Simple & Delizioso!
(oh god now I'm hungry!)

Love & Yumminess,
Misses Yumstache


No comments:

Post a Comment