Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MY BASKET ADDICTION

Hi.  My name is Misses Moustache.
And I am addicted to baskets.

I swore it would never happen to me.
My mother had a basket problem.
Growing up, the house was basically a Longaberger showroom,
complete with occasional house tours.

(Longaberger Headquaters in Ohio)

But I've been raised by a true Southern woman.
From Charleston.
How could I expect this basket trait to simply pass over my generation?
I should have known once I hit double digits,
that I was ultimately doomed to be ruled by the beauty and practicality known as...
the BASKET.

Here Is How It All Began:

The first basket.
Basket Zero.
(The Junk Basket)
Just a pretty basket, from Mom
Roomy, nice and big....
(and the very same one the Evil Queen uses for her apples in Once Upon A Time...)


Next I acquired another "junk" basket that Mom didn't need...
... a simple basket from the Dollar Store...
AND a silly plastic bike basket from the Fuzband....


... baskets for junk, fabric, office supplies, biking...
... and they're so PRETTY...
(even the cheap ones!)

... the desire for more baskets begins to grow...

THEN
came the small handwoven baskets from Africa, Haiti, Honduras....
(Mom really loves baskets, I'm tellin' ya)
(AND I'LL KEEP TAKING THEM!!)


... everything can go in baskets...
... everything...
... EVERYTHING!...

I didn't know it then, but I was hooked.

And so it was time for me to introduce and spread the joy of baskets
to the children I know and love...

... to pass on the love and addiction of baskets to our youth...

And thus the Toddler Fun Basket was created!
(on sale at Walmart - $5!)




Whenever I babysit, the Toddler Fun Basket comes with me.
it is filled to the brim with all sorts of toys from around the house and from the Dollar Store.

In fact, the Fun Basket has taken on a life of it's own.
It gets more requests now than ever!

(and just recently had it's first Spring Cleaning!
... to make room for NEW toys of course...
but also helped with toddlers' understanding of getting rid of old toys
and giving things away to other children, yay baskets!)

(is there anything you can't do?)


The Next Hole I fell down in Basketland....
The Fuzband brought home from Goodwill...
It. Was. Beautiful.
(before the cats got their sharp nails in it)

... and it also helped me go from a mess like THIS...

... to a NOT mess like THIS...


Oh thank you Baskets.  You are amazing.


... THEN came the basket specifically for organizing Nancy Drew Books...


... THEN came the basket for organizing bathroom reading...


... THEN came more Dollar Store Baskets for cords, remotes, etceteras....


... THEN
came two new amazing baskets into my life...
SIGH, I love them so much
(god I'm such a basket geek)


The one on top was being tossed out, TOSSED!!!
It has a slightly broken handle, but nothing that could phase me and my addiction!
(Did I mention that FREE Baskets are the main cause of said addiction?)

The one on the bottom, with the long beautiful lines, pretty lid, and ropey handles...
another amazing Goodwill purchase by The Fuzband.
(methinks he may be going basket crazy too)
(better for us to go crazy together I guess)

But All That..
That was Baskets Past...

AND THEN there was...
This Morning's Basket Craze...


I've had several small green baskets leftover from Christmas presents.
(from where? Dollar Store, DUH!)
They've just been sitting around in the closet, in the corner.
Occasionally I'll smack one up on the wall because I'm bored.
THEN it becomes useful!
Hmmmm...

... Useful you say?

TOO MUCH COFFEE TODAY, YOU SAY!?

... Fuzband still sleeping, you say?

BASKET TIME!!!


BAM!!  USEFUL!


BAM!!  USEFUL!!


BAM!!!  USEFUL!!!


... Let's see if the Fuzband notices the baskets...
Five bucks says maybe in a month....

Love & BASKETS!!!
Basket Basketstache





No comments:

Post a Comment