Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Tasty Tomato Festival!

THE TASTY TASTY TOMATO FESTIVAL!

CITY ROOTS - Organic Garden in Columbia, South Carolina - 
one of my new favorite places in the whole wide world!


One of my favorite things about this place is their new tilapia pond.
It recycles the water by pumping it back up through a series of shelves with water plants;
the fish poo feeds the plants, and the plant roots filter the water before it falls back into the pond.
One day I would love to have something like this in my own yard. ;)



We had a great time checking out the farm/garden.  It made me feel better about the things I have at home and how they're faring!  I got to bring my young pitbull, Berferd, along with us - he's been needing some more crowd and festival training.  He's a much better dog to bring to those events also, because Sherlock is likely to jump and bark and cause general chaos the whole time.  (He, also, even MORE so, needs crowd and festival training - but perhaps more professional training for him is the way to go.....)  Berferd did well, but as soon as we arrived, he poo-ed twice.  Each time I found myself bagless and kind people came to my aide immediate both times.  Of course, no one wants dog poo at a food party!  Later, Berferd was sought out by the tiniest, most adorable child.  He wasn't sure what to think of any of the strangers, so mostly he just sat still and looked at them funny.  I can't wait to get copies of pictures with him and the tiny little girl.  Overall, it was a wonderful evening, I enjoyed taking all these pictures, and listening to good music, and eating yummy food!  I especially enjoyed the company and the nice stranger that we met!  Pitbulls are lovely dogs, full of emotion and love!
I LOVE MY PITBULL!






No comments:

Post a Comment