Saturday, August 7, 2010

Does Your Spirit Wander?

It's been a long month, this past month.  It's been a month full of sickness and sleeping and things being generally abnormal.  Fortunately I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, and I look forward to finally getting several sewing projects finished this weekend!

Tomorrow I'm going to be brave and venture out into the world and into the sun with a friend; we're going to a Tomato Festival!  I can't wait, hopefully we will be able to bring the dogs.  It's so odd how time feels like a dream when you've been getting too much sleep.  The difference between life and dreams gets a little fuzzier.  And I've had a few dreams lately where I suspect myself of spirit wandering again.

One night I had a dream about a friend of mine who is spending the summer in New Zealand.  When the dream was over - but before I had woken up - I remember sitting on a couch with her.  Very real and very un-special, very normal and un-dreamlike.  I knew I had stopped dreaming.  We talked for a bit and I mentioned how glad I was that she was back and we could do things together again!  She explained to me that she wasn't really back yet.  I didn't really understand because we were together, and I didn't inquire any further.  Instead I told her that I had just dreamt about her and described the dream (which, unfortunately, I can't remember!).
I also can't remember how we left each other, but then I was awake.  I figured out the time difference and it's possible she could have been going to bed just as I was waking up.  I wonder.  I do suspect that I may have spirit wandered before.  And if it's true, than she wanders too!  Although, it's very rare for me.  And of course there's no way to really know.  It's just a suspicion, and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment