Friday, November 26, 2010

My Man Joshua


This Thanksgiving the Fuzband and I went to my parent's house in Charleston.  
(What a beautiful place that I never want to leave; and to imagine, i HATED Charleston growing up - i called it the Stinky Place)
We had a loverly turkey dinner with my family, my cousin's family, and my brother's fiance's family.

My cousin and her husband adopted a little boy from Ethiopia named Joshua and he just had his 2nd birthday a few months ago.  He is one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world!  He is my man Joshua.
His laugh and smile are infectious ~ he has become so aware and focused ~ I love this little guy!

This Thanksgiving my dad continued a tradition that my uncle used to do for my brother, my cousin, and I when we were kids - he cooked a little hen so that Joshua would have his very own turkey! :)  Adorable!  Actually - it's like fifty million dorables!!  (Dorables clearly being the measure of cuteness - thank you Alison).


(I don't know how he's going to eat that thing with a Spoon, but Okay Joshua)

(Nevermind, Spoon overboard....)

I know all kids are cute, but THIS KID - this kid is uber amazing.  He played and connected with every single person at that house.  

From my brother's fiance...

To my Grandmother...

And Fuzband too!

He even connected with the dogs!
(But I don't have a picture of that)

Joshua had so much fun that This Turkey Day was the very fist day ever that he DIDN'T take a nap!  Then the poor kid passed out on this big plushy upholstered dog bed (that the dogs hadn't slept on yet, don't worry).  I tried to get a picture, but it was dark and I didn't want to wake him up.

The rest of Thanksgiving was wonderful but bittersweet, so now I'm going to go pig out on leftovers.
Chocolate Pecan Pie....whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I hope that *your* thanksgiving was filled with warmth, food and SLEEPING!
<3,
Miss Moustache

No comments:

Post a Comment