Monday, December 6, 2010

BAD Blogging (or Xmas Trees, Candle Holders, & Kids)

Wish that I could tell you that the title meant BAD Blogging - like BAD to the BONE Blogging - but no.
I've just been pretty slack about posting.  (I've taken pictures for blogs, mind you, but I guess that doesn't count unless the pictures actually make it into a blog)
So smack my hand (or body part of your choice - just don't get too dirty now) and lets move on to the next post:


XMAS TREES ~ CANDLE HOLDERS ~ & KIDS IN SPACE (Rainbow Space, even!)

MY XMAS TREE
After Thanksgiving and my Grandma's funeral - I came home really wanting to DO something - CHANGE something around the house - MOVE ON from everything.  It's Christmas time - so obviously I could work on putting up and making beautiful my very own Christmas tree (fake - one we bought last year).

I pull it out of the box and Lo & Behold only ONE of the THREE prongs for the stand still exist.

No problem.  I can figure this out.

Three hours later I'm whining like a four year old and the Fuzband is clearly eyeing me and secretly laughing at my futile attempts to put up a tree so early in the month.  (Last year we waited until the week of Christmas)  (But also he was tired because he works AND goes to school full time, what a busy man)

But I would NOT let this FAKE TREE beat me!!!  It WAS going to be put up - one way or another!  Even if I had to tie it to the freaking WALL - I was NOT going to let this tree win.  NEVAAAH!

I tried making CD Cases into a tree stand (not strong enough)
I tried anchoring the tree in a small bucket of nuts and bolts and assorted change (not strong enough)
I tried SEVERAL other things to no avail, until..............

 








TEA-CANDLE HOLDERS
Do you buy these candles with the lids?  I do ALL the time ~ love 'em.
  

just cut the plastic part off....

and VIOLA!

 

Good for tea candles AND pillar candles!


& NOW FOR KIIIIIIIDS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!

So, other than Joshua ~ there is this other kid that I adore; Kimney.

 

Before she got as big and old as she is here ~ I started to draw her in SPACE
(Rainbow Space - like you see in National Geographic magazines)
(I was thinking particularly the Unicorn Galaxy)


horrid quality.  I promise a better one when it's finished.

THERE!
I BLOGGED!

DONE.

<3,
Mrs. Moustachio


4 comments:

  1. i love the tree solution and i love all your blogs!
    - Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god! That's the absolute BEST tree stand I have ever seen! I literally laughed out loud.
    And look! I found her missing leg! http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/2007/12/24/major_award_4.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually want to get that as an ornament!! (or just the LAMP itself! only for Xmas time tho!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone else. I need to get me one of those girlie tree stands.

    ReplyDelete